Established in 1972, SAP, a German multinational software corporation is that the market leader in enterprise application software. It consists of various integrated software that helps companies of all sizes. The company is famous for its ERP software. Headquarters in Walldorf, Sap is the largest non-American software company by revenue.
Earlier the company had products targeting the big firms only but with time they have developed distinct product lines which serve each kind of company. The small companies use SAP Business One, the growing mid-sized firms use SAP Business ByDesign and the big enterprises use the company’s flagship SAP HANA. The basic technology is similar but each version is built from the ground and featured according to the needs. SAP has something or the other for each.
The companies using SAP Business One mostly have annual revenue of $1 to $50 million and an estimated 10-200 employees.
- The subsidiary companies use it often
- it is also used frequently by retail, energy and waste management, healthcare, construction, transportation, and telecommunications firms
Sap Business ByDesign is the turnkey solution for medium-sized firms. Although it is customizable, so is beneficial for both small companies with 10 employees and those with 1500 or more. It is an economical way for the growing firms as it manages the whole business whether it is operations or sales or customer services.
- Globally thousands of firms are using SAP Business ByDesign as it helps them to grow by providing real-time solutions that accelerate the growth.
- Manufacturing, bioscience, Distribution, Technical, and Business Services are the highest industries that use SAP Business ByDesign, but healthcare, energy, education, telecommunications, finance, and retail also heavily use it.
The flagship ERP program of SAP is SAP HANA, which helps the world’s largest firms. The companies having annual revenue of $1 billion or more often use SAP HANA. Although it is suitable for all kinds sizes of firms. But the large ones comprise the bulk of SAP HANA customers.
Companies using SAP always have an edge over others in maintaining business operations and customer relations. As per the record, 77% of all global transactions utilize SAP software. SAP handles everything, from transactions to operations to sales to customer services.
Below are the top ten companies from the list of thousands of companies that uses SAP to empower their businesses:
3M is a US-based Multi-industry Corporation that conducts business in electronics, health care, telecommunications, manufacturing, and other markets.
- Whether it is adhesives, electronic materials, medical products, and whatnot, there are more than 55000 products and sales of $30 billion
- The company operates in more than 65 nations including international firms and 35 companies with labs. The retailer and distributers of 3M products are present in more than 196 countries.
Accenture is a global company based in Ireland. It is a fortune global 500 company which reported revenue of $44.33 billion in 2020 and had 569,000 employees. It is specialized in consulting and IT services.
- They identify new businesses and technologies using their capabilities and knowledge of the industry.
- It is a multinational firm with the foremost abilities in digital, cloud, and security.
BP PLC, London based firm, is the world’s largest energy company. It is in the world’s seven oil and gas supermajors. Their vision is reimagining energy for the world and planet. They deal in fuels and petrochemical products.
- They are the largest oil and gas producer in the US and also top refiner. With large holdings in Alaska, they have approximately 19 billion barrels of oil.
- They run 15,900 gas stations US and almost 28,500 worldwide.
Bayerische Motoren Werke AG is usually referred to as BMW. BMW of North America is a subsidiary of BMW which imports BMW, MINI, and Rolls Royce cars and motorcycles into the US. It was established in 1976.
- This division of BMW operates in BMW manufacturing, industrial design, a parts distribution center, and a technical training center.
- It provides sales and financial services for 340 BMW dealerships.
Audi, a subsidiary of Volkswagen is based in Germany which produces more than 790,000 cars per year. Their primary business is developing, manufacturing, and selling cars and engines.
- They have 9 production facilities all over the world.
- The collection includes Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles as well as original parts
- Burger Bing
Burger King, the American Multinational hamburger chain operates more than 1100 restaurants in the US and sixty plus in other countries. It was founded in 1953 as Insta Burger king and is headquartered in Miami, Florida.
- It gains its income from sales through company and property rentals.
- Burger king segregates its international operations into three divisions: the middle east, Europe and Africa division (EMEA), Asia-pacific (APAC), and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) In Each segment Burger King has established alliances to develop strategic partnerships.
- Chevron Phillips Chemicals co
Chevron Phillips chemicals co is a jointly owned company by Chevron Corp. and Phillips Petroleum Co.
- They are top world’s top manufacturers of olefins and polyolefins and a prime supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, specialty chemicals, piping, and proprietary plastics.
- Chevron Phillips chemicals co is headquartered in Woodlands, Texas.
- Coca-Cola co.
The Coca-Cola Company is a global beverage firm under Delaware’s General Corporation Law and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
- This is a FORTUNE 500 company that works in manufacturing, retailing, and marketing nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrup, and alcoholic beverages.
- ConAgra foods
ConAgra Brands Inc. is a FORTUNE 500 company that business in consumer-packaged goods. It is headquartered in Chicago.
- Having a customer base in restaurants and foodservice providers, they have almost 96% branding in American household products.
- Some of the cogent products are Banquet, Chef Boyardee, Hunts, Peter Pan, and Slim Jim.
- Chiron corporation
Chiron corporation is a multi-dimensional biotechnology company established in 1981. They have businesses in vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, and blood testing.
- Chiron’s pharmaceutical unit sells medications for cystic fibrosis and cancer.
- They are headquartered in Emeryville, California. They have offices in 18 countries.